The Summer School is approved by the Royal Society of Biology for purposes of CPD, this event may be counted as 90 CPD credits. In previous years the Summer School has been successfully accredited by the Royal Society of Physician and we will apply for reaccreditation in 2020.
NNEdPro is an associate member organisation of Cambridge University Health Partners, and its Global Centre for Nutrition and Health in Cambridge is conducting the certified Summer School in Applied Human Nutrition from 12th to 16th July 2020 at Homerton College.
The 2020 edition of the Summer School is co-organised with the School of Advanced Studies on Food and Nutrition of the University of Parma, Italy, and will bring together a contingent of internationally recognised lecturers in Cambridge for the occasion.
Foundation level certificate in Applied Human Nutrition covering basic nutritional concepts, through current research and methods, to prevention, healthcare and policy applications:
- Basic Concepts in Human Nutrition Including dietary assessment, body composition and energy metabolism
- Nutrition Research Methods Including nutritional epidemiology, nutrigenetics, nutrigenomics and diet-microbe interactions in the gut
- Nutrition in Disease Prevention Including non-communicable diseases, musculoskeletal health and neurodegenerative diseases
- Nutrition in Healthcare Including hydration and clinical leadership, clinical ethics, malnutrition in practice and ageing
- Nutrition Public Health and Policy Including global nutrition, nutrition and health claims regulation, policy formulation and industry
- 40 contact hours, practical and/or interactive sessions, self-directed learning and small group work, individual mentoring & case studies.
- Professional course accreditation by professional bodies in the UK for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development.
- Grow your multi-disciplinary knowledge network with dedicated mentors plus networking opportunities including a gala dinner and social programme.
- Spend a week studying in one of the best university eviroments in the world in the charming city of Cambridge, with evening events as punting, walking tour, classic formal gala dinner and more.