Prior to attendance at the trainees will have:
Passed the eKA
Purchased an e-portfolio (fee £50) via ‘MyFSRH’ area of the website
Had the 3 pre-entry requirement assessments completed in the e-portfolio
Completed module 17 (SDI) for the eSRH package.
The C5 provides an opportunity to:
Practise and demonstrate practical skills required for the provision of contraception and testing of STIs
Develop increased awareness of the way that personal attitudes, gender, sexual preference and cultural differences impact on SRH consultations in a safe environment
Identify areas where further learning is required before proceeding to clinical assessments.
The C5 comprises 9 assessments. Trainees must demonstrate that they:
1. Have actively and appropriately participated in a workshop discussion on HIV testing and screening.
2. Are able to demonstrate how to perform common investigations for sexually transmitted infections on male and female models.
3. Are able to demonstrate how to teach the use of male condoms.
4. Are able to have an informed discussion on the assessment and management of women choosing barrier methods of contraception and the principles of fitting these methods.
5. Are able to demonstrate the insertion and removal techniques for a currently marketed implant on a model arm.
6. Are able to demonstrate that they can apply the principles of confidentiality, Fraser Guidelines, consent and safeguarding children in clinical scenarios.
7. Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion on responding to someone presenting with a psycho sexual problem.
8. Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion on responding to a woman presenting with an unwanted pregnancy.
9. Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion of the management of men and women who request sterilisation